The participants at this facilitated meeting understand and agree that:
- The purpose of facilitation is to assist the Resolution team to work together effectively for the benefit of the student.
- The facilitator will not give legal advice, does not sign or approve the Resolution, and will not express opinions about what is right or wrong. Rather, the facilitator will help the members of the committee make their own decisions by supporting their communication.
- The participants will not ask that the facilitator or any observer (if applicable) testify or be subpoenaed to testify about what was said during the facilitated meeting.
- The facilitator shall not be called and will not willingly testify as a witness to any legal proceeding that may arise as a result of this meeting unless one of the participants makes a threat of physical harm or reveals information of child abuse.
- The Local Educational Agency remains responsible for the provision of the special education and related services developed through this facilitated resolution process.