By checking below, the participants at this facilitated Individualized Educational Program meeting understand and agree that:
- The purpose of facilitation is to assist the IEP team to work together effectively for the benefit of the student.
- The facilitator will not give legal advice, does not sign or approve the IEP, and will not express opinions about what is right or Rather, the facilitator will help the members of the committee make their own decisions by supporting their communication.
- The participants will not ask that the facilitator or any observer (if applicable) testify or be subpoenaed to testify about what was said during the facilitated
- The facilitator shall not be called and will not willingly testify as a witness to any legal proceeding that may arise as a result of this meeting unless one of the participants makes a threat of physical harm or reveals information of child abuse.
- The parties will allow sufficient time for completion of the IEP in one meeting.
- The Local Educational Agency remains responsible for the provision of the special education and related services developed through this facilitated IEP.